- Description must support the Title of the page describing it briefly while attempting to summarize the content of the page.
- Create unique description for each page whenever possible. If your site contains thousands, or even millions of pages, at least hand-craft all highly relevant and informative pages that are useful in improving the relevance of the page on target keywords.
- Avoid non-related and generic descriptions like “Welcome to this page” or “This is a webpage.” Beware of default descriptions from WYSIWYG (WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet) editors.
- Do not fill meta description tag with a rooster of target keywords nor copy-paste the entire content of the page.
- Practice writing a sentence or two page description, around 155 – 160 characters, containing at most two highly related target keywords. Use pronouns or acronyms for lengthy company names and use ampersand (&) instead of the word “and”.
Share it Please
James is a ruggedly-handsome SEO guy from the Philippines and an inbound internet marketing enthusiast.